06 January 2011

Persevere and expectation


As 2010 began the Lord gave me the word acceleration and promised that I could break free from the fear of man.  True always to His Word the year moved with ever increasing speed and as it drew to a close that acceleration seemed to thrust me into 2011.  I found myself again seeking Him for His hand and heart of direction, journal at the ready to record what He would share:

Lord God, I am looking to You for a guiding word and scripture for the year ahead.  Rick's word of blessing last night was persevere and I submit that word back to You.

So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For, “In just a little while, he who is coming will come and will not delay.” And, “But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back.”  But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved. Hebrews 10:35-39 NIV

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.  James 1:12 NIV


Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us Hebrews 12:1 NIV
 
Continue to search My Word for more -
Persevere in faith
Persevere in trust
Persevere in hope
Know that I Am with you
 
As you stand, as you persevere, and yes, as you wait, little one, let this also be a year of expectation.
 
This is the time to hope in My glory.  This is the time to expect not only the best of Me but the best from yourself - for as you have surrendered and submitted that "self" to Me it is indeed My life and My power alive in you.
 
Surely I have said even greater things will you do than I have done while I walked the earth.
 
Only believe, My child, that you are loved, chosen to be light, an agent of change in the darkness.
 
Expect my love.  Expect My grace.  Expect My will to prevail.

And so, with the power of Christ alive in me, I will stand, I will wait, I will persevere and walk through the year ahead of me with great expectation of His glory revealed.


Stop by and jam with us at Bonnie's Faith Barista as we share our words for the new year.

7 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

I love those words and all that comes with them. I truly look forward to hearing what lessons you have to share as you wrestle with these words and hear more from God in 2011!

Lisa notes... said...

“Acceleration” might have proven a scary word for me to hear at the beginning of the year, but it is definitely what God did in my 2010 as well. I love your new word of “persevere.” Thanks for the great scriptures. They are very powerful. I will be expecting!

Shelby and Bev said...

i am always inspired when i visit here...thank you.
xo

Kelli said...

Living a life of expectation and anticipation of God and his provisions. Really blessed by this! Great post.

Sheryl said...

My word for this year is also persevere. Part of it tempts me to be scared---what will I face that needs perseverance? The other part of my is excited to see how God will work.

Bonnie Gray said...

I love coming by here for my cup of brew. I'm getting used to coming through the door, that you leave ajar for me. :)

I feel today you're standing up and letting out a battle cry, as I read the last part of your post.

Wonderful words matching persevere & expectation! loved your link.

Unknown said...

Expecting His will to prevail. Your closing words open the door of my heart to all God has ahead. Thank You so, so much.