18 January 2011

Yolks and yokes

BERLIN, GERMANY - JANUARY 05:  In this photo i...Image by Getty Images via @daylife


These cold days
in their harshness
bang one
against the other
bruising, cracking
emotions brittle
as egg shells.

Truth flows out
runny
strong and fresh
yolks released
yokes removed
more tiny steps
toward freedom.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 NIV




Stop by One Stop Poetry to read more One Shots!


4 comments:

Janis Van Keuren said...

The winter harshness is upon your end of the country.
May you find warmth and comfort and rest.

Blessings
Janis

Pamela said...

Beautiful thoughts to ponder. I will be...today. Willing to take his yoke, regardless of the result.

Nikole Hahn said...

I feel like that egg shell today--brittle, cracked, and ready to spill all over the place.

Currently, am working on giving it to God so I can feel like truly smiling again. Or maybe I just need a full nights rest? LOL

Duane Scott said...

"emotions brittle"

Mine are today.

I'm sick with the flu. And right now, it's hard to understand why it has to be that way.

I'll take this yoke tho.