13 January 2011

Confidence in Who?

I pray that any trust, faith and confidence I have in my flesh would melt like snow in the rains of Spring.  For far too long I have looked to myself for courage, for comfort and for direction.

"No more" I cry.  "No more!"

Let my hope be in nothing less than Christ Himself and His redeeming blood.

How often we talk about people having low self-esteem, yet I do not wish to esteem my self, but instead exalt Who my Lord Is in me.  So I seek to walk in Him at all times.

He has ordered me to walk boldly.

Have not I commanded you? Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9 Amplified

When I see giants and begin to tremble, leaning in to fear, let me remember not who I am but Who He Is.

Yes, He Is the Lamb, meek, Who spoke not a word as He was led to slaughter.  Yet He is also the Lion of Judah, mighty in battle, forever victorious.

Are you facing mountains that send shivers racing down your spine?  Forget about how small you are and take some time to meditate on just how big Is our God.  Let the truth of Who He Is renew courage in your feet, boldness in your spirit and joy in your heart.


Come on over to Bonnie's and join us as we Jam on confidence and boldness.

5 comments:

Bonnie Gray said...

"Forget about how small you are.. "

Yes, our smallness isn't a factor. We are big in God's eyes. ;) Thanks for sharing your reflections in the jam, HisFireFly! :)

Laura said...

He is so worthy. Yes, he is. Love this!

Amy Nabors said...

Exactly. It doesn't matter how small we are. God is bigger than our minds can imagine. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Read your wonderful post and thought of this song.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

Glynn said...

He is the source, the wellspring, of all of what we are. And, yes, we should shout it out, just like you've done here.