22 January 2011

Random on a Saturday

spin art, twirl paint, swirlImage via Wikipedia


I have words, random words, dancing about my thoughts --

spin
to cause to turn around rapidly, as on an axis; twirl; whirl: to spin a coin on a table.

turn
to change or convert (usually fol. by into or to ): to turn water into ice; to turn tears into laughter.
to bring the lower layers of (sod, soil, etc.) to the surface, as in plowing.

centre
to be at or come to a center, to come to a focus; converge; concentrate
 
wait
to remain inactive or in a state of repose, as until something expected happens
Archaic. (of things) to be in readiness for; be reserved for; await: Glory waits thee.

rest
the refreshing quiet or repose of sleep: a good night's rest.
refreshing ease or inactivity after exertion or labor: to allow an hour for rest.
relief or freedom, esp. from anything that wearies, troubles, or disturbs.
a period or interval of inactivity, repose, solitude, or tranquillity: to go away for a rest.
mental or spiritual calm; tranquillity.

I'm not quite sure what to do with these, so:

I shall wait on the Lord Who turns all things for good
till my thoughts spin at the centre of His will
for there I will find my rest.

Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.  Romans 8:26-28 The Message


Definintions found at dictionary.com



Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Sandra Heska King said...

Love your randomness--and your new look. :)

Laurie said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to blog! I love it when God sends His words to me through someone. It's like I can't get things out of my mind and then He gives me time to read my favorite blogs whcih remind me to let Him have control! Thank you so much!