02 January 2010

Accelerate and Do Not Fear

Two thousand and ten or twenty ten (I haven't yet decided which I prefer) has begun with brittle cold in the strong winds that blow across the prairies. These are days to remain wrapped in God's arms with His Word and a hot cup of coffee or tea.

I have been seeking His direction for the days ahead, as is common when one year ends and another begins. I do not wish to chart my own course but rather obediently step along the path He designs. I ask. I seek. I knock.

Keep on asking and it will be given you; keep on seeking and you will find; keep on knocking [reverently] and [the door] will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7 Amplified

Then I wait and I listen, tuning spiritual ears to hear if He shouts or if He whispers.

One word was deposited in my spirit. Accelerate.

Acceleration [RIP]Image by Вεη via Flickr

Accelerate:

"To cause to move faster; to quicken the motion of; to add to the speed of.
To quicken the natural or ordinary progression or process of.
To hasten, as the occurance of an event.
To become faster; to begin to move more quickly. "
Definition taken from Wiktionary

I am praying that the Lord reveal in what ways He wants me to apply this to my life, but it does seem to be His theme for the year ahead of me.

I also sense Him telling me that this is the year to break the strangle hold that the spirit of "fear of man" has had on me, that I need to fear Him and Him alone. He has told me repeatedly that I am His child, His "little one". I believe that the following is a key scripture for this year of breaking free:

What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31 NIV

However, as I read through Romans 8, I'm beginning to think that the entire chapter is vitally important to memorize and internalize, so by the end of this year, I would like to be able to recite the chapter, from beginning to end, having it rooted and thriving deep in my heart.

As my Lord reveals more, I will attempt to share with you here. Until then, what is He telling you about the year to come?


5 comments:

Mary R Snyder said...

I love your word -- accelerate.

And I'll be following along to see where the Lord leads you this year.

Shelby said...

I believe the Lord is telling me to practice gratitude -- true, down-deep-in-my-soul gratitude. Gratitude to Him for His glorious blessings, gratitude to my family and friends. I have a tendency to be negative and, I'm sorry to say, even to be melodramatic. When I'm living in an attitude of gratitude, there's no room for negativity.

Thanks for the visit and I'll be back to visit you some more!

Leah Adams said...

Accelerate!! Wow, I had not thought of that one. What a word!!

I am so thankful you are joining us for Challenge 2010. Feel free to let your readers know about it. Never will we be sorry that we hid scripture in our hearts.

God bless you.

Leah

Anonymous said...

love it (guess who)! mmm, i can already see the crop of romans bursting forth out of your heart as you water it with daily meditation.

i want to plant some romans in my heart too lol

enjoy the season as you wrap yourself with His Word and sip hot coffee :0)

Erin @ Closing Time said...

Accelerate! That is so similar to what I sense this year will be about as well. I believe it will be a year of acceleration and momentum, when we will see the Lord break through in incredible ways to accomplish His purposes for this new season.

And fear of man...that's a tough one for me too... Romans 8:31 is a great key for that one. I'm going to meditate on that one!