04 January 2011

Words

Wordle: blog words


In the darkness of early morning I curled into my "meet with Jesus" chair and asked what he would like to speak to me.  Journal open, this is what He shared:

There is great power in words and I have gifted you with the ability to use them well.  Let this be a year of words spoken (with your lips or your pen) on purpose.

Do not entertain idle words but let them fall away silent.

Run from gossip and words of hate, discord and destruction. Even words of correction will build up - not tear down.

I have set before you life and death - now - choose life.

In the ever thickening darkness, choose light.

And in all things - choose Me!

Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!  Deuteronomy 30:19 NLT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Karin. And PS I really want a 'meet with Jesus' chair now. :)

Helen said...

Good for you for choosing to choose life!

My mother, though not the most eloquent speaker, had a way of "speaking life." If she was next to someone who'd complain that the hostess served flat soda pop, she'd say "How nice! It will be less gassy!" and if the person complained it was too fizzy, she'd say "How refreshing! She must have opened it just for us!" My mom had a special way of diffusing any grumblers.

I wish I had recognized how special that was when she was alive, and had let her know.