27 February 2013

Submitting my enigmas

As a way of observing this Lenten period I am daily reading through Jesus sermon on the mount.  It is fitting then that this weeks chapter of The Furious Love of God steps right into the middle of the Beatitudes.

In the words of Hans Urs Von Balthasar:
Blessed are not the enlightened whose every question has been answered and who are delighted with their own sublime insight, the mature and ripe ones whose one remaining action is to fall from the tree. Blessed, rather, are the chased, the harassed who must daily stand before my enigmas and cannot solve them.
I am not blessed by the quantity of quality of my knowledge.  My blessing comes not from what I know, but Who I know.

I don't want to lean on my own understanding.  I want to give up, give in, surrender to His work, His will, His way.  Jason Gray sings my heart in the song For The First Time Again
I'm tired of the sound of my own voice
And I'm weary of adding to the noise
And I'm fearful of missing the point of it all


 In my limited wisdom it would be easy to miss where God is leading me, I pray that each day I would submit all of my unsolved enigmas to Him.


joining the discussion today at Jason's

 

2 comments:

jasonS said...

We may have mystery and it's just fine. When we try to change who God is based on what we can reason out rather than how He reveals Himself, we get messed up and miss out on so much. Thanks Karin.

Fatha Frank said...

Ha! Just like in business, it's not what you know but who you know. And we need to know him. I love that you're reading through the Sermon on the Mount for Lent- what a great idea! And yes, perfect timing for this reading.