18 February 2013

Shine

As part of observing this Lenten season, I have joined Chris Smith and others in 40 days of reading Jesus Sermon on the Mount - Matthew Chapters 5 through 7.

Some days I have read, other days I listen to audio. I have attempted to vary Bible versions daily to taste the differing flavours and nuances hidden in the words, always praying that God would speak His truth into my mind, heart and spirit.

And the frosty light of early morning sparkled on the snow:

You are like that illuminating light. 
Let your light shine everywhere you go, 
that you may illumine creation, 
so men and women everywhere 
may see your good actions, 
may see creation at its fullest, 
may see your devotion to Me, 
and may turn and praise your Father in heaven because of it.  

 

1 comment:

Elizabeth Dianne said...

What a great idea--

I am going to start that tomorrow--I'm not too far behind--

beautiful illustration of what Jesus was saying to us!