27 April 2010

Tuesdays Unwrapped - Patience

Floral Themed Gift WrapImage by Premier Packaging via Flickr

"Don't pray for patience" I have been warned more times than I can count. "The only way to develop more patience is through trials and tests." That's almost more than my impatient heart can bear, a heart that wants what it wants when it wants it. I'm the one you'd hear praying "Lord, give me patience and give it to me NOW."

However, today I am unwrapping the truth that my Lord keeps trying to teach me. If I abide in Him, I have access to all that He is. My patience will never be enough, but it's not about who I am, or what abilities I possess. It's about Who He Is and my choice to live in and through Him. He Is patient and I can allow His patience to have its perfect work in me.

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. James 1:2-4 NKJV



What treasure have you found today? Join Emily at Chatting at the Sky to share what you've unwrapped.

Have you opened the gift of abiding in Christ and experienced the joy and freedom it can bring to your life? Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear about your journey.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]






3 comments:

Melissa_Rae said...

I've heard that so many times...like God is just waiting up there to smite us with trials when we ask for something good (like patience) from Him. :) I needed to read that verse this morning. Thanks for sharing it.

Southern Gal said...

Patience is a fruit of the Spirit I keep telling myself. I have the Spirit therefore I can have patience. Thanks for sharing.

Billy Coffey said...

Ah, patience. I've been waiting quite a while for that. Which is ironic, I think. Thank you for these words. I needed them.