23 April 2010

Spring will come

The farmers are out on the fields here, cultivating, fertilizing and even beginning to put the seeds in the ground for this year's crops.

The trees are showing off their buds, some bushes are flowering, and we have asparagus popping their heads out of the ground.

I walk out into the sunshine and breathe in the scent of new life, wanting to be filled with the promises of Spring.

And though God is helping me to break free from the fear of disappointment, I hesitate, and tune my ear into the voice of memory. Logic and reason tell me to curb my excitement, watch, wait and remember last year.

The forsythia blossomed early, not expecting the snows yet to come.

This is the view of my backyard on the 15th of May last year, this is the image that is holding my joy hostage.

Do you also have memories that try to steal the joy of the moment? I don't want to miss the beauty of these days by worrying about what tomorrow may bring. I want to rejoice in the best instead of expecting the worst, because my God already knows what lies ahead.

Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Luke 12:25 NLT

Today I choose to trust in the One Who created heaven and earth, knowing that if spring is not yet here, it will surely come.

3 comments:

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Oh, thank you for reminding me of this scripture gem! It breaks my heart when my struggling little lilac buds and even here in Atlanta, it is not uncommon for a late frost to steal its beauty... much like our own lives sometimes. We put forth our offering only to have it robbbed by sin when our defenses are down, but the offering is never in vain. God still holds it fast, even if we can no longer see it.

Renae said...

Beautiful photos and words! The promise of spring is such a blessing. We haven't had a chance to plant yet, but the lilac tree is starting to sprout and someone special picked me the lone tulip.