23 October 2013

surrendering the fight

I have long wanted
what I wanted
when I wanted
how I wanted
after all, I had rights
things I was certain I deserved
and didn't God promise
to prosper me
to give me the desires 
of my heart?
my spirit fought
what was
wishing for what wasn't

what about my dreams?
my ideas? my, my, my....

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
    “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so my ways are higher than your ways
    and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

I am choosing
with deliberate intention
to give up the fight
for what I might see 
as perfect plans
that I might desire
what He desires
surrendering to ways
far beyond my own imagination
and thoughts so much higher than my own
that I can't quite grasp them


Day 23 of 31 Days of Surrender










and joining Emily in all my imperfection

 

2 comments:

Elizabeth Dianne said...

beautiful and heartfelt piece of writing here--

"surrendering to ways
far beyond my own imagination"--why do we fight this so hard when His ways are so right and good?!

elizabeth said...

Beautiful words of surrender.