12 October 2013

yielded and still

I am yielding to the stillness
of the morning
surrendering my life
into His care
I am and ever will be
His creation
may I not resist His molding

 Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Search me and try me, Master, today!
Whiter than snow, Lord, was me just now,
As in Thy presence humbly I bow.

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Wounded and weary, help me I pray!
Power all power surely is Thine!
Touch me and heal me, Savior divine!

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Hold o'er my being absolute sway!
Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see
Christ only, always, living in me!
Adelaide A. Pollard


Day 12 of 31 Days of Surrender

and seeking the stillness here

 

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Amen! Oh, to live every breath surrendered. Perfect hymn for still saturday.

caryjo said...

I loved hearing the hymn again. Been too long. Touched my heart. You did, too.

Thanks, Karin.