07 May 2011

Change is evident

For the duration of the long winter the view from our windows was static; snow blanketed everything and our lives appeared in black and white.  The months from October to May at times seem endless.  The mind holds on and remembers what the heart sometimes forgets;  Spring does come again.  Colour returns.


Though damp from rain, the grass is turning green.  The falling sun sets the sky ablaze.  It won't be long before the first wild flowers appear, johnny jump-ups pushing their way into the light of a new season.

My heartbeat quickens as I rejoice in all He has created to surround us, as I take in the beauty of each moment.  I open windows to the scent of new and breathe Him.


He made the moon to mark the seasons, and the sun knows when to go down.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

It's that last photo.

I can feel the air moving.