12 June 2012

Justice for who?

Often we cry out for justice
wanting what is right for ourselves.
Pounding fists on tables
pointing fingers
how loud our demands.
"justice justice justice"
shouts out in the streets
"I want what is mine"

Where is mercy?
Where is kindness?
Where is the heart of our God that He longs to have beating in us?


And the word of the Lord came again to Zechariah: “This is what the Lord Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the foreigner or the poor. Do not plot evil against each other.’ Zechariah 7:8-10 NIV

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8 Amplified


Joining Peter today where we're talking about justice


 

3 comments:

Anne Lang Bundy said...

I love the passage from Micah, Karin. God finds no conflict between justice and mercy & kindness. By His grace, we can walk humbly with Him and do likewise.

David Rupert said...

I really dont want justice. Sometimes I shake my fist in anger and scream out the injustice. but then, I look at my heart and what I deserve, and my tune changes. Quickly.

caryjo said...

Justice is so far out of reality in our present-day world [and probably most of the time for this thousands of years]. The power-hungry leader is most important for empires over either large areas or small villages. Control. I'm so grateful for my Lord's definition of justice. Can trust Him forever.