20 June 2012

Losing time

Tomorrow will be summer
again, and it seems
I have just packed away Christmas.

Time is slipping through my fingers
faster than I can ask
where have the hours gone
the days, months, years?

Soon vegetables shall ripen
in the garden that seems just seeded
and I will be about the task
of preserving the harvest
in freezer bags, jars of spicy recipes
quickly, before snow flies
again.

Yet even this worrying has no use.
Perhaps I was never meant to hold time
but let go, let Him
do as He wills
when He wills
He always has
He always shall...

Yes indeed, it won't be long now." God's Decree. Things are going to happen so fast your head will swim, one thing fast on the heels of the other. You won't be able to keep up. Everything will be happening at once—and everywhere you look, blessings! Blessings like wine pouring off the mountains and hills
Amos 9:13 The Message



Joining Jennifer rejoicing in what is never coincidence





and walking in community with Emily and the imperfect


 

10 comments:

bluecottonmemory said...

Not able to keep up - I've felt that a lot lately! You talk about letting time go instead of holding on- oh, I like that- it's a free-falling kind of thing. Holding on is like holding on to a rope that burns your hands trying to hold it so it won't slip through - but once you loosen the grip then it slides through without chaffing. You've got me thinking!!!

I can't wait for the tomatoes!!! That's my favorite part of a garden!

Katharine said...

This is just how I have been feeling! I love this verse, thank you for sharing,
Blessings on your day!

Brian Miller said...

the older i get the faster it seems the time slips by and if i try to hold one moment i sacrifice the next.....

Jody Lee Collins said...

Karin, this just made me smile....gardens are good for showing us the seasons. I've just put in vegetables for the first time--you're an inspiration!

Cara Sexton said...

"Perhaps I was never meant to hold time
but let go, let Him..."

Beautiful, and yes... so hard to hold time and the tighter we grasp, the faster it seems to run away. May we both experience it to the full, each moment, for all it was meant for.

Southern Gal said...

Yes, I understand this. I've been going through pictures of me and my daddy for Father's Day. Where did that time go? Redeem the time. Thanks.

Achama said...

Hi there, I loved these lines...

let Him
do as He wills
when He wills
He always has
He always shall.

I think that's the first step to receiving peace, understanding that He is in control and that He is God. I love the words of this song (can't remember group) but it goes something like this...

"You are God before time began,
You were on your throne
You are God alone.
Right now through good times and bad,
You are on Your throne,
You are God alone"

Seems strange but this brings me a lot of comfort.

caryjo said...

Yep! Things seem to be moving so fast now I can hardly breathe. Just as I think I've got something under control... life slams me again. But trusting and relying on our Father no matter how things are flashing around us is all we can do. Ever, ever, ever.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

What an amazing image ... like wine pouring off the mountaintops.

Mommy Emily said...

i know. with four boys i often forget what day or hour it is. i feel like i'm just barely skimming the surface of all life has to offer.... i love this post, this reminder that he is the redeemer and holder of time. love you friend.