09 October 2011

Thanksgiving words

This is a busy time - so I am offering here a reworking of a Thanksgiving post from 2009.

This weekend in Canada we are celebrating Thanksgiving. People will gather to eat, and laugh and play games.  In the midst of all the feasting and festivities I'm afraid that too few of us stop to consider what the very name of the holiday means - thanks giving - the giving of thanks.

The Word tells us:

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations. Psalm 100:4-5 NKJV

I know that I am abundantly blessed and have much to be thankful for. Please join me by adding your lists of thanks in the comments or linking to a post on your blogs.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, today and all days.
Thank You for choosing to die for my sins.
Thank You that each day brings more new beginnings.
Thank You for blessings that I never earned.
I offer my thanks, my worship and praise.
Thank You, Lord Jesus, now and always.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I have a lot of Canadian ancestors and relatives. They ones still living are celebrating this weekend, and I wish I could join them.

Blessings and smiles,
Linda

Leslie said...

Blessings to you on your Thanksgiving celebration!

Laura said...

A lovely thanks-filled holiday to you, Karin! Such a beautiful prayer you finish with. Praying with you, my friend.