29 July 2011

My Life and Lesser Catastrophes by Christina Schofield


Have you ever felt that perhaps you are not the Christian you were supposed to be because you had questions about the circumstances in your life? Then, like me, I believe you will enjoy and often see yourself in My Life and Lesser Catastrophes: An Unflinchingly Honest Journey of Faith by Christina Schofield.

Here is how the publisher describes this book:
Just after her thirteenth wedding anniversary, Christina Schofield woke up groggy and disoriented, surrounded by nurses in a hospital. She and her husband had hit a gravel patch while on their motorcycle and crashed into a ditch. With the exception of a concussion, she was fine. But Allen had broken his neck. He was now a quadriplegic. 

With her entire life flipped upside down, she began an astonishing journey of tenacious faith amid increasing doubt. Full of dark, silent hours and a woman's honest questioning of the God she thought she knew, this is also a story full of miraculous answers to prayer and head-scratching, awe-inspiring encounters with her loving Lord.
With candid warmth and transparency, Christina shows readers that even in their darkest hours, God's goodness shines through.
I can not fully imagine what Christina and her family walked through, but her words here allowed me to journey with her, Allen and their daughter Lily, learning about them and learning more about God’s nature and goodness along the way. Christina’s prose style was easy to read and difficult to put down until I reached the final pages. My only disappointment is that I wanted more.

I was provided a free copy of this book to review.  The opinions I express are my own.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Chosen, a division of Baker Publishing Group.


No comments: