14 July 2011

For each other, by each other

How appropriate that Bonnie, the Faith Barista would choose to have us write about "faith" verses for this week's Faith Jam.  She writes:
Pick a verse that includes the word “faith” and let it inspire you to share a post.
I am drawn often to the words of Paul:

For I am yearning to see you, that I may impart and share with you some spiritual gift to strengthen and establish you; That is, that we may be mutually strengthened and encouraged and comforted by each other's faith, both yours and mine  Romans 1:11-12 Amplified

This is why we gather
to build up what the world wants to tear down
to walk beside, look inside
offer a hand, a word, a touch
a glimpse of holy
and to turn our own eyes
back to the Master

This is why we share our words
our wounds and our victories
for as we allow others to see
how we run to His arms
it opens doors imagined closed
so if I seem to have left my clothing behind
inappropriately bare
and transparent
it is for the sake of us all
that I choose again and again
to stand naked here

We shall be humble, together
and more and more His.


FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

Stop by Bonnie's to read what others have shared this week


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

in your message here and in reading glynn's faith post today, it has all been speaking to me of insight, perspective, encouragement and other things... that God knows that our inside self needs...coming from outside of the self.

in this, we are in "need" of what comes from the outside.

Anonymous said...

Comforted be each others' faith... Definitely need to meditate on that more. Thanks Karin!

David Rupert said...

Faith of others does encourage me in my own. I can't imagine flying alone!

Debbie Petras said...

Very interesting post on faith. If only more believers would be transparent and share their struggles with one another. We can then encourage one another and turn our eyes on Jesus. It helps to know we're not alone.

floyd said...

A beautiful reminder that we are family. How much is lost in isolation and how much is gained in sharing truth, even in weaknesses. Great post.

Glynn said...

Oh, that standing naked, that's what it often feels like. Just like that, in fact.

Thanks, Karin.

Charissa Steyn said...

Beautiful post! I don't think I've ever taken notice of this verse...