16 July 2011

Let me obey

I am speaking about obedience tomorrow morning.  While working on my message I recalled this poem/prayer I wrote some years ago and it still rings true in my spirit. rarely do I feel led to rhyme, but this is exactly how the words came to me.

Let me obey, let me obey,
whatever Your will, whatever You say
let me be true to Your Sprit in me
and walk in Your love and set captives free
open my eyes and my ears and my heart
remove any blinders that sin can impart
let me close any doors that have let evil in
repent for my part, repent from my heart
let my tears wash the feet of the One I adore
I want more. I want more. I want more.

I am Yours, Father God, I belong to Your Son
wash me clean, leave me spotless
the expectant bride
I know He has always been here at my side
it is I who have wandered
and been led astray
when deep in my spirt, I still knew The Way

I will run to Your arms
and there I will stay
and go when You send me and do what You say
it's a vow I have spoken and a vow I will keep
to wait on Your will
and Your will alone
thank You for replacing my heart of stone
for a heart of flesh, as You said in Your Word
and this heart understands
and this heart has heard
and I wait with great wonder for what lies in store
I want more. I want more. I want more!

But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the Lord: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.  1 Samuel 15:22 NLT


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want more too. Great poem, Karin. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

i suppose that i often think of hearing His voice. and yet as you say here i less often think of the other part of the hearing, which is obeying what i have heard.

Monica Sharman said...

Praying that those who heard His words through you get more and more excited every day about the joy and blessing of obedience.
More! More!