08 May 2010

Ephesians 6:18 Saturdays - Humble

Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God's consecrated people). Ephesians 6:18 Amplified

As I was looking through some old writings I stumbled across these words about prayer. They are as true today as when I put them on paper six years ago.

What we sow in tears
we shall reap in joy
if we humble ourselves and pray.
Casting out our fears
we are in Your hands
when we humble ourselves and pray.
We are quickened by the rhythms of Your heart
and strengthened by the power of Your love.
We are welcome to come boldly to Your throne
to hear the words that only You could say.
Freedom waits for us
in Your presence Lord
when we worship You day by day.
You will hear our cries
and will heal our land
if we humble ourselves and pray.


if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV

Are you spending time seeking His presence, waiting in stillness to hear His heartbeat? He is waiting.

2 comments:

you gotta wonder said...

Well said, sister.

Michelle DeRusha said...

Thank you SO much for pointing me towards your series on Abiding that you wrote after reading the book. I feel like I could read those three posts through again and again, there is so much wisdom and truth packed in there.

This was my favorite line, and spoke directly to me:

"I have learned that I need not spend my time fretting about how to abide for the long term. All I have is each moment, and in each moment I can choose to abide in Him."

Yes, abiding in the moment. And that thought applies to this post that you wrote today as well!

Thank you -- and many blessings to you!