02 February 2011

What will we do about it?

The Lord says "go" and the echo vibrates in our sprits.
Our very short term in Africa cemented our desire for more.
He says "listen to My heart" and I hear a cry for justice, compassion, freedom.

Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father, is this: Reach out to the homeless and loveless in their plight, and guard against corruption from the godless world. James 1:27 The Message

Yes, we hear and our hearts tremble.  We hear and eyes grow damp.  We hear and we know and we can't deny His call.  Can we?

We read missions, we talk missions, we dream, we plan, we pray and we wait.  It is not yet time to travel far from family needs.

Yet in that waiting
for the "big plan" do we have the right to turn away from the day to day that surround us shutting our eyes to obvious needs?

We can't claim ignorance.  We can't say we don't know the will of the Father for He has made it plain.

No, this is the kind of fasting I want: Free those who are wrongly imprisoned; lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free, and remove the chains that bind people. Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help.  Isaiah 58:6-7 NLT

Today I am asking myself the very same question I ask of you.  We have heard of the hunger, the homelessness, the sorrow and pain.  Now, what will we do?

Father God, here I am, Your servant, yes, Your slave.  I am sorry for my indifference to the things that grieve You, Lord.  I  repent for looking so hard at the big picture that I have lost sight of the needs and opportunities You may be placing before me.  Today I ask that You show me where You would like me to be Your hands, Your feet, and the extension of Your love.  Lead me, Lord and grant me the courage to follow.


Finally joining the discussion again with Sarah and Jason - this week at Sarah's Living Between the Lines

3 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

FFF: good to have you join the discussion! Better late than never. LOL I have perused your blog and you have some good things here. Love your heart. Love this post. Shows a real heart for others. I will be back to read more.

Anonymous said...

What can do but give our everything? Lord, give us the strength to live wholly for you in this world! Thank you Karin.

Duane Scott said...

Great to see you joining them! I have loved walking along with all the Hole in the Gospel posts...

Great thoughts!