12 February 2011

Shower revelation

ShowerheadImage via WikipediaWhile in the shower, where the mind has nothing practical to busy itself with, I wandered back to memories of trinkets from my past.  There were shiny things to hang upon my walls, books, bedspreads and other ornaments.  They all suited me perfectly because I knew what I liked and had picked them out myself. 

"Yes, I bought them for myself" I was thinking.  "I'm not sure that they were worth the money."

Then I saw the image of Jesus on the cross, arms outstretched, bleeding.  I stood with the water from the showerhead pouring over me and I began to weep, for He said:

I bought you for myself because I knew what I wanted. And yes, you were well worth the price.

What a powerful reminder of His amazing love.  Have you accepted what He purchased for you?  He offers the gift of Himself to all who will receive.

For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
  1 Corinthians 6:20 NKJV



5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

wonderful take on the gospel...yes i have...

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Ah, yes ... Well worth the price.

I'm overwhelmed by the fact that grace is free, but that it cost the Giver so much.

Beth in NC said...

Wonderful post. I am grateful for the price He paid.

Anonymous said...

It's funny, the times when God will get inside your head and break you down. It can be at the most odd moments, like a surprise.

Nikole Hahn said...

Yes, it is. :o)