08 February 2011

Refresh Restore. Renew.

The winds again beat against our windows; create havoc with the large, low wind chimes that hang from the front eaves. All night we hear the music, both mellow and fierce.

Snow on the ground is nothing close to solid here, instead it is in constant change, shifting shapes, drifting and re-drifting recreating the landscape hourly.

We listen. We watch. We wonder.

And this morning the Lord said:

Just as the rains came and came and continued to fall in the Spring, so now blows the wind.

For I Am cleaning your land. And that which has been buried will be exposed. And that which has been hidden will be washed into the light. And all that has exalted itself will be brought low.


Confession is your place of safety as you run to Me. Do not allow the enemy to convince you to run from Me as if could hide.


I Am the only hiding place.


Refreshing.  Renewal.  Rebirth.  All this by His hand.  When we turn.  When we cry out as David did, confessing our sin, our need to be cleansed and restored.
Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Oh, give me back my joy again;
you have broken me—
now let me rejoice.
Don’t keep looking at my sins.
Remove the stain of my guilt.
Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Renew a loyal spirit within me.
Do not banish me from your presence,
and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and make me willing to obey you.  Psalm 51:7-12 NLT
Here am I, Lord, help me be willing to be willing.  I am hungry for the joy that comes from resting in the palm of Your hand even as that hand sifts and strips away.  Here am I, humbled and struck with awe.

Refresh.  Restore.  Renew.  For the sake of Your name.



Visit Peter Pollock's to read what others are sharing this week on Renewal.



2 comments:

a joyful noise said...

I like your statement about the snow in your yard at your home, "it is in constant change, shifting shapes, drifting and re-drifting recreating the landscape hourly." Perhaps in the course of action the snow is exposing buried treasure when the process is concluded. May we shine forth as revealed jewels after the refining is complete in our renewal.

Mari-Anna Frangén Stålnacke said...

Amen, sister! Come Lord Jesus! Refresh, restore, renew! Thank you! Abundant blessings!