17 February 2011

Beyond my grasp

What kind of love can this be, far beyond my ache to comprehend?

It is beyond my knowing, this One Who says here that yes, He counted the cost and I was worth the price.

My blood beats fast in thrills and rushes as He calls me to set myself apart, for who am I to be beckoned with such fervency?

My lover said to me, “Rise up, my darling! Come away with me, my fair one!
 Song of Solomon 2:10

I sit, I wait, I linger in His presence.  He asks me to remain prepared, for surely a wedding approaches, and I begin to sing a song He gave to me years ago:

In the garden, in the spice grove,
I am waiting for you there
In the garden, I will linger
I am waiting for you, My bride to prepare

Make yourself ready, make yourself ready,

Make yourself ready for Me
And for all you cannot do
My Spirit I send you
Make yourself ready for Me

Oh the fragrance of the garden

Love everlasting and free
I will give riches of heaven
To the one who surrenders all unto Me

Make yourself ready, it's time to get ready

Make yourself ready for Me
For My bride must be pure
And My bride must be holy
Will you be ready for Me?

I am calling, from the garden

I am waiting for you here
But the time is growing shorter
And My message to you right now must be clear

Make yourself ready, make yourself ready

Make yourself ready for Me
Make yourself ready, you need to be ready
Make yourself ready for Me.

What kind of love is this, that asks me to surrender all that I am, yet gives me more than I can hold? What kind of love, that swallows me yet leaves me freer than the world's captivity?

Will you hurry with me to the garden?  He waits there, rejoicing over us in song, loving with the love that never falters, never fails, beyond what our earthly minds can embrace but our spirits thirst to taste.

The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing  Zephaniah 3:17 NKJV



Bonnie asks us this week to write about the love of God - stop by and see what others have shared.




also joining Emily and more writers of imperfect prose here.

7 comments:

Heather Mattern said...

This is truly beautiful!

Amy Nabors said...

Such a beautiful post. His love is so overwhelming.

Lisa notes... said...

"What kind of love is this, that asks me to surrender all that I am, yet gives me more than I can hold?"

It's a crazy, love, this God-love. He loves beyond our wildest imagination. Thanks for sharing.

Carrie Van Horn said...

His love is amazing....this is truly inspiring Hisfirefly....so much truth and so much beauty in your heartfelt words. :-)

Mommy Emily said...

i am hurrying with you! let's go to the garden! xo

Glynn said...

That is a beautiful song he put in your heart. Just beautiful -- and you've blessed us by sharing it.

Bonnie Gray said...

You are a true romantic at heart... with Jesus in the middle. No wonder I always feel like we're soul friends passing notes in class. ;)