05 February 2011

Spring cleaning in mid-Winter

If I could select household tasks I would choose cooking over cleaning each and every time.  But even I have a breaking point where the piles of clutter drive me to action.

This afternoon I attacked the den/study/office, sorting through stacks that contained cds and books; things I thought we had lost, magazines, and papers, piles and piles of papers.

At least 75% of the magazines and papers found a home in a fresh trash bag, destined for the burning barrel.  The rest are in single pile, waiting to be filed or discarded at Rick's discretion.

Books and cds were returned to their shelves in the livingroom.

I used to laugh at what Benjamin Franklin once said:
A place for everything and everything in its place
But now, like a deep breath, there is a sense of peace where disorder reigned.  I pray that my thoughts, scattered and random lately, would also find a place to settle.



3 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

My life is sometimes like what you have written about. Garbage collects and clutters and then from "out of nowhere" comes this cleaning effort made by the Spirit. He brings order out of chaos and I wonder how in the world I allowed myself to get so cluttered and what can I do to avoid it. Unfortunately, the cycle begins again (even without my knowledge). Good thoughts HFF.

Helen said...

I'm in the process of reorganizing my kitchen.
Good job on the decluttering, FaithfulFireFly

Nikole Hahn said...

Me, too. Would rather cook than clean, but clutter gets to me, too. There's nothing like waking up to a newly cleaned house.