21 February 2011

On, In and Around Mondays - Frozen tears


Today seems to be day of breaking, again, yet again with things that grieve the heart of God.

He cuts through the hardness my heart builds as protection, and asks me to pour out in tears, in groanings beyond my understanding.  Through the day my spirit hears the faint cries of sheep; lost, wild, confused and lonely, tired of life wild in the world.

And like the icicles that flow jagged from the tin roofs of the old out buildings on our land, I freeze, thaw, refreeze.  Each time more fragile, more brittle, easier to shatter.

Will my prayers then, when the melts of Spring at last arrive, soak into soil made fertile by these tears of intercession?

Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. They weep as they go to plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest. Psalm 126:5-6


Stop by L.L. Barkat's Seedlings in Stone as we look at the world around us today.

5 comments:

Melinda Lancaster said...

I believe that tears are a language that God understands.
So thankful for the prayers of intercessors. They do not return void.
Blessings!

Duane Scott said...

I was going to say the same thing Melinda did. :)

But instead, I'll say it looks like Iowa in that picture. :)

Unknown said...

The photo got me.. and your beautiful words as well.

Violet N. said...

Hi, I came here via the On In and Around Monday linky.

The connection between icicles and intercession is interesting. I love how you end this piece, tying it together so poignantly.

Kim said...

I feel it. Praying with you! I came over from LL Barkat's. I saw that you have trouble with your link. The one labelled Frozen Tears did work. I find that I just need to be very careful about entering the address in the link. What I do is go to my own blog post and copy the address right out of the browser bar. Then I paste it into the link at LL Barkat's. Hope that works for you! Blessings!