14 September 2010

Tuesdays Unwrapped - Relief

I feel as if I've been away. There seems to have been a distance between myself and my life. Physical pain can do that, having the unusual ability to numb the mind even as the body screams. Thoughts become clouded, fuzzy and gray.

When the seasons change, many with chronic pain experience flare ups. We take our ability to move so very much for granted, until injury or inflamation hinders us.

Today I did again the simplest things. I prepared a casserole for tonight's dinner. I stripped the linens from our bed, replacing them with others crisp and clean. I smoothed corners and fluffed pillows, filled with both thanksgiving and praise

Who would imagine such tasks could create such an abundance of joy? I breathe in the relief like fresh air, relishing the moment of reconnection between mind and flesh, unpacking the deep truth that through it all, my spirit had remained free to fly unimpaired.

I rejoice in the promise we have been given by the One Who holds true to His Word:

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away Revelation 21:4 NKJV

What gift are you unwrapping today? Stop by Emily's Chatting at the Sky and share.

4 comments:

Michael Perkins said...

My gift is my wife's birthday tomorrow. I cannot believe I get to spend my life with her.

The post was way awesome by the way.

Sandra Heska King said...

Praying for your pain. Thanking Him for the gift of you.

And happy birthday to Michael's wife. He is a gift, too.i

jasonS said...

We take movement for granted. That is certainly the truth. He provides us joy when we pay attention. Thanks Karin.

Duane Scott said...

How about this. I'll pray that your pain can go away and you can pray that mine goes away.

I know how unpleasant it is.

I WILL be praying. :)