06 January 2012

Less of me

Twelve years ago
I surrendered
to the Son of God/Son of Man

The small, hard pebble
that was my heart
softened and swelled as He entered

good, this is good indeed
my spirit heard His approval

Then the flesh
surrounding the pliable heart
softened and swelled also

twelve years on
my spirit has learned to submit
while my flesh has run wild

Yesterday, in exercise and praise
I was singing a familiar chorus
"more of You and less of me"
and my spirit vibrated
a resounding "yes"

I am getting ready
to be ready
to jump when He says jump
seeking lightness
the ability to fly
when He gives me wings

In all ways of the spirit
I have tried to live the words of John
now I resolve, with the strength of Christ
in a tangible, physical sense
"I will decrease"


He must increase, but I must decrease.
[He must grow more prominent;
I must grow less so.]


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love to you.
keep on,
on step at a time, one choice at a time.
and don't give up after you mess up.