05 August 2011

words, words, words....

Books are piled on my nightstand, the coffee table, next to my Jesus chair...
Words call to me, speak to me, encourage and educate me. 
As a blogger I am blessed to be able to receive free books to review.

Here are just a few in process:

Veneer - Living Deeply in a Surface Society by Timothy Willard and Jason Locy

Earthen Vessels - Why Our Bodies Matter to Our Faith by Matthew Lee Anderson

Eden Derailed - a theology of sex by Matt Williams

Rumors of God - Experience the Kind of Faith You've Only Heard About by Darren Whitehead and Jon Tyson

A Confident Heart - How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises by Renee Swope

Watch for the reviews as I complete each book.

The volumes don't stop there...  even with so many free books I can't resist purchasing others.  I have fiction, devotionals and books on writing.  But I'll leave those for another post.

For those who wonder what standard I use to judge what I read, I confess there is only one; the most profound, compelling, encouraging and educational book ever written, both a history text and a love letter, His Word, the Bible. 

These are also piled up and scattered everywhere, in as many versions as we can find.  They are in every room (yes, even the bathroom), in the car, and in my purse.

Did I mention I love words?  Have I mentioned I love God?

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love books also...and it looks like you have some good ones to review...

Some are written in God's truth...some are not...and the Bible--God's Word to us--is the standard to measure all things in this life here on earth.

Beth

Glynn said...

And I've discovered that -- with a Kindle -- the books can pile up in the same "volume." Looking forward to the reviews.