26 November 2010

Momentary rest

Feathers fluffed
against the wind
this chickadee
finds momentary rest
a frozen foothold
providing peace.

The intensity of NaNoWriMo is coming to an end. November has slipped past me and I have likely missed many things along the way. The work God has begun in me and through me shall continue as December turns the calendar but perhaps with a bit more time to participate in life as it continues all around me.

May I also find my foothold, strong and secure, in the shadow of His wings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for every moment of rest. It's an expression of His love and faithfulness. That's a great picture and this is a great post. Thanks Karin.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to explain how these few words spoke to my heart. Thank you.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

"Frozen foothold
providing peace."

I'm going to get me one of those footholds, one that keeps my feet frozen to the ROCK.

Thank you for this. And congratulations on your NaNoWriMo accomplishment.

David Rupert said...

There's a nearby pond already frozen over. The ducks are standing on top of a log, just to keep from getting cold feet.

Love your picture, too!