21 July 2009

His wildflower

We live on the Canadian prairies. In spring and summer the open fields, ditches and even dark hidden spaces begin to fill with wildflowers of every size, shape and colour. They are not designed and structured like our flower beds and gardens but rather form a pattern of their own. Some grow so out of control they become classified as noxious, invasive weeds. Often these are the most colourful of all.

Last night, as I was pondering the vast variety and beauty of these plants that surround us, I sensed the Lord saying to me:

You are My wildflower, My child. And though some may choose to look upon you as if you were a weed, pay no heed to them. I want you to walk in the knowledge of the truth that I created you exactly as you are, My flower, for My glory, wild, beautiful and surrendered to Me.



For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10 New Living Translation

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Blessings, This wildflower & verse would have been a great WFW as well!

Such infinite treasures hidden in nature on the Canadian prairies! I pray God blesses & keeps you amazed by His wonders & the beauty of His glory in all. Beautiful Word!

The verse & the flower are truly perfect as His masterpiece and to think we are included in Christ Jesus! Beth's header on Warmharte shares this verse so warmly...

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful...love the pics of the wildflower and the words spoken to you by our awesome Heavenly Father. Be blessed!!