22 January 2010

Fingerprint Friday - Women United in Purpose

My dear online friend Sharon in Nigeria created an event on Facebook called 30 Days of Prayer for Your Man. Her introduction read:

Each day in the month of January, pray for your man wherever or whomever he might be. You do not have to be married or in a relationship to take this challenge; if you believe that there is a man out there for you, pray for him.

When I joined I was the 24th woman. We were told we could invite friends to join, and invite we all did. Every time I clicked back the group had grown. As of today, there are 3,143 women committed to praying for the man in their life.

God has His loving hand on every one of us, marking us with the desire to pray, encourage and support our men and each other. His fingerprints are upon our marriages and His glory is revealed as bonds are strengthened.

Be unceasing in prayer [praying perseveringly]; 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Amplified

Join Beki at The Rusted Chain and share the fingerprints you've seen this week.


3 comments:

artsyclay said...

Awesome!

sharon said...

Karin, I can't believe you did this! It is so wonderful what God is doing, I am just so overwhelmed.
Thanks for your support and encouragement; you have been a good and wonderful friend.
God bless you!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

What a great idea! I love this.