30 January 2010

Ephesians 6:18 Saturdays

Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God's consecrated people). Ephesians 6:18 Amplified

I was asked to do a short study for the Friday night small group Rick and I are part of about what is meant by "all manner of prayer".

I'd like to expand this study, so I am going to devote the next few months of Saturdays to the subject of prayer.

This week, as we begin, I will simply list 17 types of prayer.

  1. Thanksgiving
  2. Adoration
  3. Confession
  4. Repentance
  5. Petition
  6. Faith
  7. Dedication
  8. Sanctification
  9. Agreement
  10. Supplication
  11. Binding and Loosing
  12. Travail
  13. In other tongues
  14. In our Understanding
  15. Importunity
  16. Warfare
  17. Intercession

Each week, I'll dive into one or two of these different kinds of prayers, exploring what the Word has to teach us.

Paul told us:

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NKJV

Please join me, using the comments box for your thoughts and questions as we begin to unfold the many ways we can "pray without ceasing".

Praying Hands Image via Wikipedia
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Shelby said...

I am SO looking forward to this! Thanks!

Danielle said...

It's cool to be reading this today. I've been studying prayer in my Bible study lately, "A Woman After God's Own Heart." Prayer is definitely an area I need to grow in!