15 January 2010

Fingerprint Friday - Heart smudges

I been running into the arms of God this week as I spend time in prayer for the people of Haiti, for there I find safety in a world that seems to spin without control or reason. The Haiti earthquake leaves the ground beneath us feeling less than solid.

Words of fellow bloggers have left me breathless, weeping and aching in unison with their pain and frustration.

Janet Oberholtzer writes Pain Hurts

Teri Lynne writes on how her daughter teaches us there is A Time To Dance

Jennifer writes about how We Shake

I thank God for the ways He is able to use us, imperfect as we are, to leave smudged fingerprints on each other's hearts. I believe that when we do so, we are reaching up and touching His heart as well.

Join Beki at The Rusted Chain and add your fingerprints.


3 comments:

Shelby said...

Thanks for the recommendations; I'll be popping over to read those. It bothers me that I'm so immersed in my own stuff here at home that I'm not taking the time to fully FEEL for the devastation in Haiti. It's like I have a shield around me that's keeping that stuff from getting in and I DON'T WANT to be shielded!

Snowcatcher said...

Many times the events in the world present the opportunity for us to be overwhelmed and depressed, or strengthened and determined to do what we can to help. I'm honored by the number of people who come together in times like these to try to make a difference. Nice fingerprint!

Vicki said...

"smudged fingerprints on each other's hearts"...what a lovely way to put it!