25 October 2019

a finger on it


I can't quite put a finger on it
to quote an old cliche
I carry the emotions
given to me, full force by my Creator
often swept away
cresting waves then
crashing, gulping water instead 
of air, my head submerged
He gives me hills
and valleys, both
to  be savoured

physical pain, shifts
surprising me, in new 
locations, disguises
tones and echos, almost
symphonic in fullness
always its finger on me
unrelenting grip, does this
hurt? how about here?

He gives me hills 
and valleys, both
but dwells with me
up there and down here

 Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; 
do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; 
yes, I will hold you up and retain you 
with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.


No comments: