10 July 2014

writing a life

in posts and tweets and status reports
it seems that more and more
of those I know, are writing books
in my honesty, transparency
I admit, here
that my heart stings, aches
turns toward envy
then, yes, then
I console myself with this --
they are writing books
but I am not still
I am writing a life

I have grown accustomed
to much time alone
to breathe, expand
ponder and play with words
now time rushes past me
filled with the tasks
of living my word for 2014
prepare

soon, in the blink of an eye
I will transition yet again
from preparation
to actualization
as we step into our new life

my heart both races ahead
and lags behind
and words will come 
when they will

21 Days of Rest: Finding Spiritual Whitespace

joining Bonnie in a small act of creation

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sure we all feel that sting. I know I have, do, and probably will again. Your honesty is beautiful. Thank you for that. What a cool word...preparation. Sometimes, the stillness is part of the preparation. God bless.