03 July 2014

other side of the fence

I have been making frequent short trips to town
running errands, collecting necessities
all part of our preparations for Africa

there is a  farm near the end of the road
right before I hit the highway
and it seems like each time I pass
a different calf has found a way
to wander free, exploring life
on the other side of the fence

by the time I make the return trip
everyone is safely back 
in the same pasture

I too, rejoice
that no matter how far
I travel, thinking I can
make my own way
I am never far from His sight
and always, always welcome home

But for you that honor my name, 
victory will shine like the sun with healing in its rays, 
and you will jump around like calves at play


 

1 comment:

Jody Lee Collins said...

Oh, indeed, we are His calves...and how He runs after us.

always making me sigh with your beauty, Karin.