08 March 2012

Healing a heart

Yesterday I received Bonnie’s email informing me that the topic for this week Faith Jam was to share a heart healing moment and before I had even a moment to ponder what I would write about I received another message in my inbox from Compassion International with the subject line Blogger assignment - 6 year old boy needs heart surgery

I don’t believe God could have spoken more clearly than this seeming coincidence.

There have been countless occasions when God has reached into my heart to touch exactly the spot that hurt most, healing in ways not possible for anyone but Him. These were places of raw emotion, aching areas in my mind and spirit. In all of my pain and distress, however, my physical heart remained sound.

In southwest Burkina Faso, Abdoul Fatao Kone is living a different story. Six year old Fatao has a ventricular septal defect, a hole in his heart. His parents have known about his condition since he was one year old but have never been able to afford the proper medical care. They attempted to heal little Fatao with traditional methods which left him with scars and small holes where healing herbs were placed in his body.

In December 2010 Fatao was registered with Compassion’s Sponsorship program and was seen by a physician and a cardiologist who confirmed that he requires surgery. For this surgery, Fatao needs to travel to India. The total cost of his surgery, including passport, visa, travel, the surgery itself and follow-up care, is $23,000.

Would you take a moment to pray and ask the Lord how He might want you to help.
You can read more about Fatao on Compassion’s blog and you can donate online as well.

Fatao’s parents will not be able to travel with him to India.  I can’t imagine how frightening this will be for such a young boy.  When you give online you will be able to write a letter to Fatao which will be read to him before his surgery. Your words can encourage and strengthen him and breathe the hope and love of Jesus into his spirit.

Together, as the body of Christ we can surely give this young life the heart healing moment he needs.


Jamming with Bonnie today as I pray... for Fatao and all other broken hearts


 

2 comments:

Sandra Heska King said...

Whoo Hoo! It's working today.

God's timing is perfect--Bonnie's prompt and Compassion's note. This sweet boy with a heart that can be healed--physically and so much more.

Positively Alene said...

Beautiful. What an incredible boy - saying a prayer.