29 April 2011

Wedding thoughts

Before I turned on the television this morning to see what was happening with the wedding of Prince William and Kate, I spent time seeking the heart of my Lord.  This is what He shared:

Yes, this is a day when a woman becomes a princess and I thank you, little one, for stopping to recall the moment you became Mine.

You chose the highest King and bow before no other.

This woman had months to prepare - party plans, hairstyles and the dress - all must be perfect for the bride.

I have given My bride years.  Year after year after year and I Am waiting still for she is not yet ready.  Her garments are soiled.  She bickers with others in the wedding party.  She wants to write the guest list instead of relinquishing it into My hands.

How long?  How long must I wait?  I have long been ready...

Does a young woman forget her jewelry, a bride her wedding ornaments? Yet my people have forgotten me, days without number.  Jeremiah 2:32 NIV

No comments: