08 October 2010

In His hands

Our short time away at Lake Geneva has come to an end. We have returned with my mother to her place, where we will hang out, see some family and prepare a Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday eventhough it won't be American Thanksgiving until late November.

I feel distant from my Lord
distant from who I know myself to be
yet I know I am moving in obedience
taking more steps in submission each day

Less of me, moment by moment
is both my desire
and His
and I am ever thankful
that He uses all things
as lessons
to carve and mold and build.

I'm in His hands, on His wheel
and can not imagine
a better place to be.

So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. Jeremiah 18:3-4 NIV

2 comments:

Alex Marestaing said...

And that my friend is what faith is all about,moving on, being thankful,knowing that God is right on the doorstep even when we feel distant. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I had thoughts similar to Alex ... that even though God seems far, you know in your Spirit that He is near.

Beautiful.