23 August 2010

Wet Monday - Here

A prairie Monday
marked by wet creatures
dismal skies
harvest stilled by drizzle
showers, steady rain.
The sound of tractors
and combines
replaced by drops beating
on eavestroughs.

We might not
want
to take time to rest
yet God forces the issue
takes things out of our hands
and holds them in His own.
Reminds us
not to trust
in things seen
but in His promises.

He calls us down to our kness
and back to His heart.

Tomorrow comes soon enough.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18 NIV

This was written in response to L. L. Barkat's On, In and Around Mondays at Seedlings in Stone.

4 comments:

Louise Gallagher said...

I like this -- beautiful photos and words.

It didn't rain here on the prairies at the foot of the Rockies today! That's unusual this summer!

Thanks for dropping by my blog today!

Louise

L.L. Barkat said...

I love how rain slows us. My children are fond of standing in the rain. I am fond of how it softens and curls their lovely long dark hair. :)

Shelby said...

"called down to our knees"... I'm spending a lot of time there and it is one of my most content places.

Rain makes me introspective which is a good/bad thing. But I love the quiet that accompanies it and I love the fresh smell after the rain.

Sandra Heska King said...

"The things that are seen have an expiration date."

Someone tweeted that today.

I'm thinking I want to focus on the unseen--with no expiration date.