01 June 2010

Tuesdays Unwrapped - Lesson

I'm not on my home computer, or my laptop. This system of Mom's is connected to high-speed which is surely a plus, but screen resolution is set in a way that makes it clumsy to read and or write blog posts.

I find myself clicking blindly when icons and boxes do not appear as they should.

And I know that God has a lesson in here for me somewhere.

Today I am unwrapping the reflection of myself when I try to walk through this life on my own without His wisdom and His vision. Every now and then I get lucky and hit on the right thing, but most often I just click away getting nowhere.

I am reminded of an old hymn -- "I need Thee, O I need Thee; Every hour I need Thee; O bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee"

Lord, my life is best in Your hands. Thank You for the gentle reminder this morning.

What are you unwrapping today? Join Emily at Chatting at the Sky and share your gift.


2 comments:

Duane Scott said...

This is a powerful thought! I too, sometimes walk blindly through life, feeling like I'm evidently on the right path even though I've just accidently just hit the "right" button.

Great metaphor!

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

And now I have that song playing in my head. :)

Whenever I'm transcribing something and I finally look at the screen and realize I had my hands one key off, therefore producing a mash of nonsense on the screen, I always think it's got to be a metaphor for something. :) This reminded me of that.

-elizabeth