09 October 2009

I Am Thankful for...

We rose this morning to heavy snow and winter storm alerts that predicted that much more would fall. We often complain about forcasters never getting it right but today I am thankful for that truth. The warnings were cancelled and we did not receive the 8 - 12 inches that were expected.

I am thankful
for our 4-wheel drive vehicle that can navigate the roads better than Rick's pick-up and I am thankful that Rick could drive it to work today because I had nowhere urgent to go. I am thankful for the freedom of currently not being employed and thankful that God is providing for us even without my income.

I am thankful
for the simple joy I see in my dog Faith. She happily greets each new day, and rain or snow don't dampen her spirit. She only needs to know that she is loved to be content in any circumstance.


There's a lesson there for us. When we are able to really believe our Father cherishes us, not much in this life can rattle us. As the Apostle Paul said:

I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. Philippian 4:12 The Message


No comments: