17 October 2009

Down Time

Outside it has been a lovely day, warm and bright. No clouds to hide the sun this afternoon.

Inside, however, feels unusually gray. I have been lazy, not wanting to move, yet at the same time, restless. I am ever on the edge of tears without knowing why. My spirit is struggling with something that I don't yet understand.

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:11 NIV

Yes, I shall yet praise Him, the only One worthy of praise. Through the fog that descends and emotions that bend and twist I will declare that my God reigns.

He will take the scattered pieces that I am today
arranging them into a mosaic
far beyond any design I myself can create.

Today I am an offering upon His altar.
It is a day of breaking and reshaping
upon the wheel of the potter.

My mind is sure of His love, I know beyond knowing that His plans are perfect, so why should my heart find it so hard to trust His hands?

Yes, I shall yet praise Him
in worship my heart will find stillness
the place of faith.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karin You are so beautiful, I often think of our Savior and how he feels for us, with us, along side of us. There is such a beautiful deep wisdom and compassion, mixed with a blessed humor that is all encompassing whenever I come near to you. You are so beautiful!