10 October 2009

I Am Thankful for... (continued)

I will praise God's name in song
and glorify him with thanksgiving.

I am thankful for freedom. I can shout out praises to my Lord, and while I may draw some strange looks and perhaps even hateful comments there is no law to prohibit me from speaking. Remember to pray for the persecuted church, those who place their very lives at risk to claim Jesus as their Lord.

I am thankful for shelter. God has provided us with a home that was far beyond our expectations. When cold winds howl through the trees and rain or snow slash through the clouds we are safe, cozy and warm within these walls.

I am thankful for the one God chose to share my life, my beloved Rick. Our marriage was God's design, for in my own power I never could have found such a mate. He is my earthly provider, my gardener, my lover and the best friend I have ever known. He encourages me to be all God calls me to be, he upholds me in prayer, he laughs at my jokes and cries with me at the same movies. He helps me to grow in the things of our Lord. What a man. What a husband. What a gift from God.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
and comes down from the Father of lights,
with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
James 1:17 NKJV

2 comments:

31 Woman said...

They are all awesome things to be thankful for and sometimes it's so very easy to take them for granted.

Bonita said...

Too often I take my home for granted or wish for a better one. Thanks for the reminder to simply be thankful that I'm not out in the elements.

Your husband sounds like a wonderful man and he must have a pretty wonderful wife too.