25 June 2009

Cafe Chat Thursday



This week, Kim asked "So today, I ask you what does it mean that you are able to call God your Father? Really think about this one, and then just let your words flow from your heart..."

I'm a child of The King, not a king of a country, or region, but King over all things. My King is not hard or cold or cruel, He Is the King of love. He Is love itself, and I am His daughter, a child of love. To be His child then, I must walk in that same love. No, it's not an easy task, not when my flesh cries out for it's own wants, it's own needs. But... I can go see my Dad, and He will supply me again and again with all the love I need. He will fill me to overflowing so I have plenty to pour out on others.

I can run to Him when I'm hurting and He will lift me into His arms, already waiting for me, already knowing I was going to fall before my foot slipped. I can trust that He will rejoice with me in every victory. He knew I would succeed before I began. He knows, He knows all things.

These days my earthly father struggles with memory loss and delusions, and the connection we once had fades with each visit. I pray that he too will feel the love my Daddy God has for him, but he doesn't yet know the way to reach for Him, he doesn't know Jesus as the doorway to the Father's heart.

I know that both my father and My Father love me, and I pray that in His mercy and His grace, they will come to love each other too.

How would you answer Kim's question this week? Join us at Cafe Chat and share your thoughts and your heart.

4 comments:

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Beautiful post! Oh, how I pray that your father finds the love and grace that you have found in the Father. You have a beautiful heart and are truly shining for Him!

So glad that I stopped by your blog.

Leah Adams said...

Your answers to Kim's question ministered to me this morning. Thank you for reminding me that He is my Abba and I am not God. He is faithful and true and trustworthy and loving and merciful AND always ready to comfort us.

God bless you.

Leah

sharon said...

Hi Karin,

I love your Cafe Chat post today...I can almost feel the peace of God that transcends logic. I especially love what you said:

He will supply me again and again with all the love I need. He will fill me to overflowing so I have plenty to pour out on others

God does not just love us so that we may further love ourselves but so we may 'pour out on others'.

Thanks and God bless you real good!

Sharon

Toknowhim said...

Thanks for sharing your heart with us today... Blessings :)