23 June 2009

Apple Seeds

Anyone can count the seeds in an apple...
but only God can count the apples in a seed.
-- Author Unknown

This quote arrived in my husband's email this morning and I have been chewing on it for most of the day.

Only God. Those two words speak volumes. Anyone can do some things, but only God can do all things. Many people have knowledge of some things, even profound knowledge about certain things, but only God knows all things. Of course we can count the seeds in the apple, for they are visible to our natural eye, but only God knows the hidden things.

"He reveals deep and hidden things; He knows what lies in darkness,and light dwells with him." Daniel 2:22 NIV

This simple quote reminds me that any wisdom I may have or think I have is even smaller than a single grain of sand compared to the knowledge of our Lord.

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT

Only God knows the potential that lies within each thing He has created. He doesn't just know how many apples will come from that seed, He also knows what potential waits inside of me. Today I choose to bow in wonder of only God.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

This is awesome! I had no idea you wrote about this until you linked me. I was merely sitting down with my apple for a snack and I was fiddling around with the seeds when I remembered the quote.

I love how you linked to the thought of 'only God.'

Great post, Karin.