05 December 2013

waving the white flag

For thirty-one in October I posted each and every day about surrender.
As the month ended I knew surrender never ends.
I have continued to learn, day by day
surrender means so much more than I first imagined.

I knew it meant letting go
letting God be God

Be still, let go, cease striving, relax and know that I Am God
Psalm 46:10

I knew it meant giving in
a daily laying down of rights, dreams, desires
before One Who knows and sees all
and has a much better plan than I could conjure.

Today as Bonnie asked us to ponder
what we are giving ourselves permission to be or to do
another form of surrender popped into my mind
when I can not accomplish a task on my own
I need to learn the art of giving up
for it is in my weakness He Is strong.

So I am giving myself permission
to wave the white flag
boldly and without fear
proclaiming my weakness
unashamed of my total dependence.

Without Him I can do nothing
but in Him
nothing is impossible.

Whatever I have, wherever I am, 
I can make it through anything 
in the One who makes me who I am.


jamming with Bonnie

 

1 comment:

Tammy@Fear Not said...

Ahh..surrender. One lone word that has power to wreak havoc on a soul. Your sweet surrender was a blessing to witness at Laity.