07 December 2013

quickly winter

There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you. . . 
In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other;
only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches
when you can savor belonging to yourself.
Ruth Stout

winter has fallen
hard, fast
the air cracking with cold
dawns come late
nights early
in the silent dark
I return to the Him in me
 
in the stillness with Sandy who is flying off to Haiti. Let's keep her in our prayers.

5 comments:

caryjo said...

This is definitely one of my tough stretches of time a year. The coldness and darkness. BUT, turning to the Lord, focusing on HIM, rejoicing over and with friends, all that keeps me moving along. I'll be in northern MN on Monday afternoon and will be there for 4 days. Gonna cold, but gonna be visiting my long-time dear friend, Susie. Can't NOT enjoy and rejoice when I'm up there. Bless you. AND, as usual, truly love your photo.

Linda Stoll said...

Yes, My Firefly Friend ... winter has come quickly in these parts, too. But His love still burns bright and pure and gives hope for new life ...

I hope you are enjoying a weekend filled with rest and peace. Blessings!

Tammy@Fear Not said...

Yes...definitely feeling it, aren't we? Love to you, friend

Lyli @3-D Lessons for Life said...

Beautiful! :)

bluecottonmemory said...

Beautiful - I love how winter allows life to slow down, the loud silence - and how we hibernate in our own way, and pull our family close! Still waiting for my snow! Yours is beautiful!