29 September 2008

Listing "L" and My Ten Things for Tuesday September 30

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

Mrs. Brownstone posted last Saturday “Brainstorming B” about a game where you receive a letter of the alphabet and have to list ten things you love in your life that begin with that letter.

She challenged me with the letter “L”.

Since tomorrow is Tuesday, I am combining this game with “My Ten Things” and listing 10 things I love and am thankful for, all beginning with the letter “L

Life! Wonderful, precious, God given life! Life in all forms and all stages. To read about how God moved me from “pro-choice” to “no-choice – pro-life” go here.

Light. God made the sun and the moon and the stars, all as lights to guide our way. More than that, He Himself is the real light that shines upon us to direct our steps!

Love. God IS love. Jesus is our example and our model of true love. There is no better teacher.

Lessons. I am always learning. Often I have to learn “the hard way” through tests and trials, but I am thankful that God loves me so much that He is not content for me to remain the way I am, but desires that I grow and move from glory to glory.

Ladies’ Ministry Nights. We have begun what promises to be a powerful and impactful study by Beth Moore on the life of Daniel. Though I may miss several of the session, I am expecting great things. We have a truly awesome group of women involved. Considering that in the past I never enjoyed the company of women, this is a remarkable statement for me.

Land. I was born, raised and lived 43 years as an urbanite. Now I cannot find words to express the joy of living on 20 acres of Canadian prairie land.

Letters! I know that now most communication I receive is by email, but when they are from friends, they are letters none-the-less and a joy to read.

Lentil Soup. Red lentils, onion, garlic, tomatoes, butter and a touch of dill. Slow cooked until transformed into a total body warming pot of deliciousness. If you want the recipe, just ask.

Lilacs. I like the look of them and love the scent of them and plan to plant some near the house eventually.

Lazy days. Sometimes, and more and more often, I enjoy a day of doing nothing but resting in the arms of my Father, worshipping Jesus, learning to abide and receive all that He longs to pour into my life.

Join us at X-Box Wife and add your “Ten Things”

8 comments:

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

This is an awesome list! I am SO glad that you found "Ten Things Tuesday" because it is such a joy to read your list each week. You truly have a heart for Jesus, and your light shines brightly! LOVE your list!

Redhead Rambles said...

Great list! You're very insightful with your L's. My K's weren't nearly as inspiring...I'm stealing your L's this week. :)

sailorcross said...

Love your List (that's two "L's" right there!).

Your love for God shines through each item. Again, another very insightful post.

Now, I'm going back to your pro-choice to no-choice post. Same thing happened to me!! Amazing, isn't it!!

Beth

Jill said...

I loved reading you L list! It was very inspiring!

Kari said...

I did the Beth Moore study on Daniel last year with my ladies group...awesome awesome awesome.

... said...

what a great list. i like how you combined the two memes together. thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful list! Your passion for the Lord is evident in every word. Thanks for sharing!

Meredith R said...

Great list. Your blog and your commments are so uplifting!